Monday, December 15, 2008
Free Reads, Contests, and Blogging
Monday, Monday! I have quite a bit going on today before I officially go on Christmas vacation.
Where to start?
1. The contest to name The Book Formerly Known As is now officially closed. I'll be posting the winner tomorrow, so keep watch!
2. Guest blogging: I got asked by Novel Thoughts to do a guest blog. The topic: How did I come up with the idea for The Wallflower? You can read my answer here.
3. I've posted a blog on The Samhellion Blog about Italian traditions, and how they seem to be changing in my family. You can read that here.
4. And just in case you aren't tired of reading things I've written, I've got three (yup, THREE) free holiday reads for you! The Ornament: Emma and Max is now live on The Samhellion website! Parts Two (Simon and Becky) and Three (Adrian and Sheri) are on my website.
5. And I'm going to be at the Samhain's Moderator Appreciation chat tonight on the Samhain Cafe from 7-9 p.m. EST.
6. And, of course, edits on Very Much Alive (which I will probably start tomorrow, all things considered).
See? THIS is why I need a vacation, lol!
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." Ron White
"So let me get this straight. You want me to kill the little guys, kill the big guys, crowd control those I can't, buff the team, debuff the boss, keep myself alive, AND keep you alive, all while waving a stick and dressed in a towel?" - Anonymous Role Playing Gamer
"I think that statue over there is a statement on modern life. The statement is, "Well, shit." - Varric, Dragon Age II
"Why is it all claws and guns? Can't we piss off a fuzzy planet? Still dangerous, but hey. Bunnies." - Joker, Mass Effect
"Last night, I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?" - Dilbert
"Aim at the high mark and you will hit it. No, not the first time, not the second time and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect. Finally you'll hit the bull's-eye of success." - Annie Oakley
"It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly." - Flemeth, aka The Witch of the Wilds, Dragon Age 2
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.'” - George Carlin
"I hear there's a wild bridge tournament down the street. And you know Bridge. It's a lot like sex. If you don't have a great partner, you'd better have a good hand." Barry Weiss, Storage Wars
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5, "A Late Delivery From Avalon"
"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein
“If you think you can or think you cannot, you are correct.” - Henry Ford