Monday, February 23, 2009

Tax Time... Ugh




You know, I thought I was more organized. I had my medical, W-2's, 1099's, etc., all neatly in a file on my desk. Everything else was all over the place, but my tax stuff? Totally accessible. I like to file as early as possible, so I usually start mid-February just to make sure I have all of the documents I could possibly need.

I was wrong.

My husband, bless his heart, reminded me that I needed to pull up all the documents for my business. You know, my writer stuff? Flyers and bookmarks and business cards and ebook purchases? That stuff.

Gah. I have the one doc, the official doc that says I got paid and how much, but now I have to hunt up receipts for things. Receipts that, like little tiny lost butterflies, have landed on the sticky fly paper trap of my desk and died, little crinkled wings fluttering, because I don't USE my regular desk anymore, I use a computer cart and a laptop. And everyone knows the one flat surface in the house that doesn't get used is the one flat surface that doesn't stay empty for long.

Sob.

Why oh why didn't I file things? It's going to take me the rest of the day to collect all that stuff, scan it in, zip it and send it off. Luckily I'm not doing the taxes this year, so that will essentially end my involvment, but still. Ugh.

The one bright, shiny thing? The picture up there? That's not MY desk. Someone out there is worse off than me. But honestly? Not by much.

So it's off to tax land, meaning Mr. Mage and his Heart's Desire will have to wait until tomorrow for the rest of their story. The good news is that the rough draft is almost complete. I think it's pretty good, but we'll see what my betas have to say once its been through the Meat Grinder. After that I have to fix Bunny's little red wagon, and then? Possibly book 3 of True Destiny or book 2 of The Gray Court (which has been whispering to me fairly loudly. Sidhe, vampire and leprechaun, oh my.)

Isn't it always when the muse whispers loudest that you have to ignore it? Oh well, as Scarlett said, tomorrow is another day. Hopefully it will be filled with fewer paper cuts and cuss words.

No comments:

Favorite Quotes

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." Ron White

"So let me get this straight. You want me to kill the little guys, kill the big guys, crowd control those I can't, buff the team, debuff the boss, keep myself alive, AND keep you alive, all while waving a stick and dressed in a towel?" - Anonymous Role Playing Gamer

"I think that statue over there is a statement on modern life. The statement is, "Well, shit." - Varric, Dragon Age II

"Why is it all claws and guns? Can't we piss off a fuzzy planet? Still dangerous, but hey. Bunnies." - Joker, Mass Effect

"Last night, I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?" - Dilbert


"Aim at the high mark and you will hit it. No, not the first time, not the second time and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect. Finally you'll hit the bull's-eye of success." - Annie Oakley

"It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly." - Flemeth, aka The Witch of the Wilds, Dragon Age 2

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.'” - George Carlin

"I hear there's a wild bridge tournament down the street. And you know Bridge. It's a lot like sex. If you don't have a great partner, you'd better have a good hand." Barry Weiss, Storage Wars

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5, "A Late Delivery From Avalon"

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

“If you think you can or think you cannot, you are correct.” - Henry Ford
Powered By Blogger