Friday, October 31, 2014

Trick or Treat!

So, it's that time of year again, when ghoulish, half-dead creatures appear in my kitchen and ask for food.

No, wait. That's my kids.



So, between Mommy being sick and busybusybusy, we didn't get any Halloween decorations up. However, R has decided to dress up to hand out the candy this year so Mom doesn't have to race for the door every five seconds. He saw me hurting two years ago and decided that, at fourteen, he was too old to do the candy walk with Dad and M. He did the duty last year, too.

He's a good kid. Here is last year's costume. He wanted to be faceless.


And the kids loved it. He'd sit in the chair, face down, and when a kid approached he'd lift his head and dip his hand in the candy bowl, handing them their candy. He scared the crap out of some of them.

Which is probably why he was so eager to do it again this year. He decided that for this Halloween he is going to wear a light-up "gas mask", a cave man wig and a straight jacket. He tried the outfit on, hid in the bathroom door and called for M.

I've never heard that kind of shriek come out of M before. It was pretty awesome.

M, of course, decided he too needed to be different (i.e., difficult). He's decided to be Scout from Team Fortress 2.


And it had to be "Red Scout, not Blue Scout, Mom." Sigh. At least most of the clothes needed for his costume can be worn as every-day clothes, so it worked out. And he was willilng to go with Scout's baseball bat instead of the scatter gun, which works out even better for Mom, as I'm about as crafty as your average rutabaga.


I can't exactly see R wearing his straight jacket to school. Although the teachers might appreciate it.


So, I have last round edits to finish on Not Broken, first round edits to finish on Figure of Speech, the montly newsletter to get out tomorrow, and the last little bit of the rough draft of Never More to do.

Thank god R decided to dole out candy, because I'm pretty sure I'm glued to my computer for the next twenty-four hours.

All right. I'm going to ditch the computer to check out all the cute little ghouls and goblins coming to my door. And maybe eat a fun size Snickers for every Elsa I see.


(Does this one count? I think it does!)


P.S.: For those starting National Novel Writing Month (aka NaNoWriMo) tomorrow, I wish you the best of luck. Happy writing!

No comments:

Favorite Quotes

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." Ron White

"So let me get this straight. You want me to kill the little guys, kill the big guys, crowd control those I can't, buff the team, debuff the boss, keep myself alive, AND keep you alive, all while waving a stick and dressed in a towel?" - Anonymous Role Playing Gamer

"I think that statue over there is a statement on modern life. The statement is, "Well, shit." - Varric, Dragon Age II

"Why is it all claws and guns? Can't we piss off a fuzzy planet? Still dangerous, but hey. Bunnies." - Joker, Mass Effect

"Last night, I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?" - Dilbert


"Aim at the high mark and you will hit it. No, not the first time, not the second time and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect. Finally you'll hit the bull's-eye of success." - Annie Oakley

"It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly." - Flemeth, aka The Witch of the Wilds, Dragon Age 2

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.'” - George Carlin

"I hear there's a wild bridge tournament down the street. And you know Bridge. It's a lot like sex. If you don't have a great partner, you'd better have a good hand." Barry Weiss, Storage Wars

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5, "A Late Delivery From Avalon"

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

“If you think you can or think you cannot, you are correct.” - Henry Ford
Powered By Blogger