Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Contest at the Blackraven Cafe!

Update: The post is live!

I got notice this morning about a Christmas contest over at Blackraven Cafe! They're giving away a free copy of Only In My Dreams (and other holiday goodness), so if you're interested here are the rules:


Good evening everyone,

Some of you may have noticed the new Christmas look that the Cafe has taken on for the holidays. Well, that's not all that's going to occur at the Cafe this Holiday Season. The Blackraven has a surprise for you, so you might want to sit down for this one.

Starting tomorrow, I will be hosting my 25 Days of Seasons' Greetings Bash. What does that mean for you? Well, for 25 Days, you will be introduced to a different author for one. In addition to meeting a new author everyday, I will also be sharing some of the authors' fondest Christmas or Holiday memories during this time of the year.

But wait, it gets better. In addition to those memories, we will be giving a way books. That's right! For 25 Days, The Blackraven will be giving away free e-books of some of your favorite authors thanks to the generosity of the authors, myself, and Kat.

I know! I know! You're saying to yourself, so what do I have to do to win some of these books. Here's the deal...

CONTEST RULES


1. You must become a follower of my blog. There is a reason behind this and here it is. I wanted to do something for all of my loyal followers and subscribers, as well as the loyal readers of the authors. Why? Because you guys ROCK and deserve it.

So, if you aren't currently a follower, please let me know in your first post that you have signed up when you enter the first contest and I will double check before I enter your comment into the contest. If you're already a follower, no worries.

For those of you who are subscribers, if you could sign up as a follower as well, it will make it easier for me to check, as I don't want to miss anyone. However, if for some reason you have problems, just let me know you're a subscriber and provide your email address that you listed to subscribe and I'll be able to verify it.

2. All of the contests will be overnight as usual, but there is a catch. First, once the deadline passes, I will make it to where no one else can post a COMMENT, so don't be late. Besides, I'm giving 24 hours to enter the contest, which is fair enough.

Second, when you leave a comment, also leave your email address so that if you win, I can email you your book. This is where the instant gratification comes in for YOU. We will not wait until the end of the 25 Days to announce the winners. I will announce the winners every day. If for some reason you forget to add your email, I will give you 5 days to contact me off-line at blackraven DOT contests AT gmail DOT com.

Third, because there will be contests going on not only in the authors Christmas and Holiday memories, but also in the interviews, the rules apply to all of the contests that occur this month at the Cafe and until stated otherwise.

3. If you win a book that you already have, we will not exchange it for a different book of the authors. Sorry!

4. The lovely ladies of Dark Diva Reviews have graciously agreed to help me introduce the authors and their Christmas and Holiday memories. So, be sure to show them some love and check out Dark Diva Reviews. As you can see, they are already helping me provide you with the contest rules. Thanks Ladies!

5. Since we're giving away only e-books, everyone can enter the contests.

6. Remember, the fun begins tomorrow, Dec. 1st and will end on Dec. 25th.

7. Please DO NOT SHARE your e-books with others.

8. The winners will be selected using LIST RANDOMIZER at RANDOM.ORG. and I will post the order of the winners from each contest when the winner is announced. So, not picking from the hat.

Kat and I hope that you have a wonderful time and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us off-line.

theblackraven36 AT yahoo DOT com

thekatsmeow41 AT yahoo DOT com



We appreciate you following us and this is our way of saying thanks.

The Blackraven & Kat

No comments:

Favorite Quotes

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." Ron White

"So let me get this straight. You want me to kill the little guys, kill the big guys, crowd control those I can't, buff the team, debuff the boss, keep myself alive, AND keep you alive, all while waving a stick and dressed in a towel?" - Anonymous Role Playing Gamer

"I think that statue over there is a statement on modern life. The statement is, "Well, shit." - Varric, Dragon Age II

"Why is it all claws and guns? Can't we piss off a fuzzy planet? Still dangerous, but hey. Bunnies." - Joker, Mass Effect

"Last night, I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?" - Dilbert


"Aim at the high mark and you will hit it. No, not the first time, not the second time and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect. Finally you'll hit the bull's-eye of success." - Annie Oakley

"It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly." - Flemeth, aka The Witch of the Wilds, Dragon Age 2

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.'” - George Carlin

"I hear there's a wild bridge tournament down the street. And you know Bridge. It's a lot like sex. If you don't have a great partner, you'd better have a good hand." Barry Weiss, Storage Wars

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5, "A Late Delivery From Avalon"

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

“If you think you can or think you cannot, you are correct.” - Henry Ford
Powered By Blogger