Friday, April 26, 2013

RT Convention, Part OMG I NEED TO PACK!

I leave for the Romantic Times Convention on Tuesday.

TUES. DAY.

I've already got my clothing packed, and I'm doing my best to ignore the little voice in my head that's telling me to FIX IT FIX IT OH GOD YOU'RE GOING TO LOOK LIKE HAMMERED ASS. AND THERE WILL BE PICTURES OF IT.





So. I'm not touching the clothing bag, not at all. I've tried everything on at least twice, and the amount of ass that will be visible should be at a minimum.

I still have to do my nails, pack my fold-able bins for Promo Alley, put some books on the Nook I'm giving away at Club RT, sign the print copies of Bear Necessities and Cynful that are going into said tote...

Did I forget to mention I'm giving away a tote with swag at Club RT? And that one of those bits of swag is a copy of Cynful, which won't be out in print until May 7?

Oh. Consider yourself told.

I'll also be signing The Gray Court series at the Giant Book Fair. I wanted to celebrate the release of The Hob by signing the previous books this year. It will be interesting to see which Dare to Believe cover shows up on my table. Come check it out, you might get one of the last white covers!

And my schedule wound up getting slightly changed. Instead of being at the FAN-Tastic Party 6:15 to 6:45, I'll be there from 6:30 to 7:00. It doesn't leave me a lot of time to change outfits for the Carina Press Cocktail Party or the Harlequin dance, but it will be worth it.

And that's it. I won't blog next week, because I'll be in Kansas City. I will send out my newsletter a few days early. Expect it some time on Sunday, as Monday I'll be hobbling around screeching like a howler monkey (when the Enbrel hasn't knocked my hammered ass out) and throwing shit into my suitcase.



You can find my full schedule here. If I'm at one of these events, or you see me at the bar, feel free to walk up to me and talk to me. I'd love it. :D

No comments:

Favorite Quotes

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." Ron White

"So let me get this straight. You want me to kill the little guys, kill the big guys, crowd control those I can't, buff the team, debuff the boss, keep myself alive, AND keep you alive, all while waving a stick and dressed in a towel?" - Anonymous Role Playing Gamer

"I think that statue over there is a statement on modern life. The statement is, "Well, shit." - Varric, Dragon Age II

"Why is it all claws and guns? Can't we piss off a fuzzy planet? Still dangerous, but hey. Bunnies." - Joker, Mass Effect

"Last night, I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?" - Dilbert


"Aim at the high mark and you will hit it. No, not the first time, not the second time and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect. Finally you'll hit the bull's-eye of success." - Annie Oakley

"It is only when you fall that you learn whether you can fly." - Flemeth, aka The Witch of the Wilds, Dragon Age 2

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.'” - George Carlin

"I hear there's a wild bridge tournament down the street. And you know Bridge. It's a lot like sex. If you don't have a great partner, you'd better have a good hand." Barry Weiss, Storage Wars

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." - Marcus Cole, Babylon 5, "A Late Delivery From Avalon"

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

“If you think you can or think you cannot, you are correct.” - Henry Ford
Powered By Blogger